Washington DC Regional Conference
March 9, 2018
CMS/OIG Regulatory Compliance Highlights for 2018
Paul W. Kim, Member, Cole Schotz P.C.
- What’s new?
- What’s different?
- What does it mean for us?
Stacy Stevens, Unit Chief, Mission Critical Engagement Unit, FBI
- Current threats
- How to work with federal government before, during and after a cyber incident
- Information Sharing between government and private industry
Michael Johnson, CEO, Clear Institute
- In this educational and entertaining session from a former U.S. Department of Justice attorney, you will learn which techniques are effective and which are not
- Learn how to use scientifically validated interviewing techniques proven to obtain more information from witnesses
- Learn advanced interviewing techniques that make it easier to differentiate between truthtellers and those who are deceptive
Preparing for and Responding to Malware under HIPAA
Adam Greene, Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Documenting preparedness for a malware attack
- Whether ransomware and other malware requires reporting under the Breach Notification Rule
- Responding to an OCR investigation of a malware breach
Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act: Regulatory Compliance Strategies
Deepali Doddi, Associate, Ice Miller
- Overview of the federal regulations implementing Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act
- Strategies for complying with key Section 1557 requirements, including non-discrimination notices, language assistance services, and effective communication with persons with disabilities
- Tips from a former U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights (OCR) investigator for undergoing a Section 1557 federal investigation
From Board Reports to Staff Education: Effective Compliance Communication
Janine S. Fadul, CHC, Compliance Manager, George Washington Medical Faculty Associates
Scott Intner, CHC, Chief Compliance Officer, George Washington Medical Faculty Associates
- The ABCs - Always Be Communicating
- Clear and Consistent - Creating a Compliance Program Brand
- Up, Down & Sideways – Shaping the message for your audience